Monday, April 20, 2009

STA Travel facelift?

STA Travel has gotten a new and trendy facelift. I noticed it today as I was entering their "30 Days of Free Travel" contest (although, I never win anything). The new logo marked the beginning of the contest, and the beginning of a more "playful" logo geared towards young travelers who are not looking for the traditional travel experience, or gothic typeface apparently.

As well intentioned as it seems, I am not terribly attracted to the new logo. I find it trendy and busy, following the "lets put something on its side" trend that many logos are doing (see below). I only hope that this helps them find the new cool vibe that they felt their old aesthetic was lacking. What do you think?
old:

new:


trendy sideways logo revamps:


I hope my tip makes it onto Brand New

No comments: