Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Blogging the Bible

As a lover of the Bible as literature, I found this project very interesting.

Apparently, I am not the only one who is fascinated by the stories in the Bible, not for any religious purposes, rather for the stories. The Bible is very interesting when representing the flaws and follies of man, and I find the humanity very realistic - vengeance, jealousy, loss, love, hate. They're all in there.

My real fascination of the Bible came from a book I read a few years ago, The Red Tent, by Anita Diamant-which is quoted in this article. It is a historical fiction novel elaborating the events of a very short biblical passage. It was beautiful and enlightening-the bible can be read with so many different tones of voices, connotations, words. Each translation changed the stories.

Anywho. If you are also fascinated by the idea of the Bible as literature, I suggest you taking a peak of this article and see how anyone can enjoy it.

No comments: