Saturday, February 7, 2009

Tomer Hanuka


Just doing my usual browsing. Ran into this awesome artist. I am familiar with his work via a project I did on the Marquis de Sade. He illustrated the cover art to a Sade book. See below.

Anywho, his name is Tomer Hanuka...and he is an illustrator in NYC and teaches at SVA . I love his work. It is disturbing and interesting--and he seems to do a lot of work inspired by film. I also noticed that he had work in Juxtapoz (love).
He has a twin brother Asaf, who is also an awesome illustrator; the two work together. Check out Asaf's work too.
Tomer also has a blog where he shows his process of storyboarding his illustrations before he proceeds forward with them. It's really awesome to see an artist's process.

I wonder if I can visit SVA and meet him. That would be awesome. The more I think of it, the more I wish I went to SVA. They have an amazing staff of illustrators, designers and thinkers...artists whose blogs and articles I read...like Steven Heller, Louise Fili, Stefan Sagmeister, Ken Carbone, Milton Glaser, Michael Bierut...I should stop.

No comments: